Microneedling is intended to stimulate the skin and helps with absorption of active ingredients, to promote skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation, acne scars and wound healing, improves wrinkles and fine lines, minimizes pore size, stretch mark reduction, treats alopecia and more.
Microneedling works by encouraging your skin to make more collagen. The idea is that pinpricks from the procedure cause slight injury to the skin and that the skin responds by making new collagen-rich tissue.
This new skin tissue is, in turn, more even in tone and texture. It’s normal for the skin to lose collagen via age or injury. By encouraging the skin to make new tissue, there may be more collagen to help make the skin firmer, too.
What to expect after the treatment?
You may notice skin irritation and redness within the first few days following the procedure. This is a natural response to the small “injuries” made by the needles in your skin.
Your skin will also be more sensitive to the sun, so sunscreen is a must.
After Microneedling, your skin works fairly quickly to rejuvenate new tissue. In theory, you should see results within a couple of weeks.
To maintain the results of your treatment, you’ll need multiple sessions
Benefits of Microneedling
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Reduces acne scars
- Softens stretch marks
- Evens skin tone
- Lightens hyperpigmentation and sun spots
- Reduces appearance of pores
- Firms and smooths skin texture
- Heals scars
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger-looking skin
After Care Treatment
- For the first 72 hours following your microneedling treatment, only clean your face with lukewarm water (not hot or cold) and a gentle cleanser
- Do not wear makeup for 24 to 72 hours following your microneedling treatment so you can allow your skin to breathe and recover
- Do not use any abrasive products like exfoliators and alcohol-based toners
- Using moisturizers and serum will help soothe and heal the skin while reducing irritation
- Use a good sunscreen every 3-4 hours for the first week after the will help soothe and heal the skin while reducing irritationtreatment.