It is a minimally invasive procedure used to renew overall skin tone and texture. It can improve the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne scarring and other skin-related concerns and conditions.
The procedure uses a diamond-tip hand piece which is designed to gently exfoliate dead cells in the skin. At the same time, it will suction them off immediately.
Microdermabrasion is considered a safe procedure for most skin types and colors. People might choose to get the procedure if they have the following skin concerns:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- hyperpigmentation, age spots and brown spots
- enlarged pores and blackheads
- acne and acne scars
- stretch marks
- dull-looking skin complexion
- uneven skin tone and texture
- sun damage
Side effects of microdermabrasion
- Common side effects of microdermabrasion include mild tenderness, swelling, and redness. These generally go away within a few hours after treatment.
- You might be advised to use a moisturizerto minimize dry and flaky skin. Minor bruising may also occur. This is mostly caused by the suction process during the treatment.
What to expect after microdermabrasion?
There is little to no downtime after microdermabrasion. You can expect to see noticeable results immediately after the procedure. The number of microdermabrasion sessions needed will depend on the severity of your skin concerns as well as your expectations.